24 January 2019
Ictimai TV Is the Winner of Intellectual Cup
I’m glad that there are children here who love football. I always pay attention to this,” Robert Pires, French World and European champion on football, who is on a visit to Azerbaijan said.
The veteran footballer who arrived in Baku as part of preparations for the final match of the Europa League tournament to be held at the Baku Olympic Stadium on May 29, 2019, answered questions of reporters:
– What can you say about the Baku Olympic Stadium?
– It is a great choice by UEFA. The stadium is new, there are all conditions for fans. I would like my former team London’s Arsenal to play in the finals. My first impression is excellent. I liked the arena very much
– Will you watch Qarabag’s away match with Arsenal?
– I will. I know that football is very popular in Azerbaijan. We witnessed it in the matches against Chelsea and Arsenal. I believe that Qarabagh will learn much from the game with Arsenal.
– Which team would you like to see as Arsenal’s rival in the final?
– I am very upbeat about Arsenal since I’m the ambassador of the club. At present, the situation is good in this team. The rival team? Maybe Chelsea.
– What about Villarreal?
– I cannot say right now. But I believe that the team can qualify till the semifinals. The team has a very experienced head coach.
– What would you recommend for the development of football in Azerbaijan?
– Believe in yourself, dream and work more. Today I saw such determined teenagers.
– What can Qarabag hope for in the last game?
– Everything depends on Arsenal. It will be difficult for Qarabag. Currently, the calendar is very heavy for Arsenal. So there is chance for young players to get involved in this game.